Friday, July 07, 2006

New York, New York! It's My Kind of Town.....

Ah, the Big Apple! Sunrise was spectacular this morning as I rode my bike into Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. Once at work, I changed and ran downstairs for coffee. The Daily News greeted me:



Perfect. Just in time for peak tourist season! Good reason to ride the bike. Further examination indicated that the targeted tunnels were not train tunnels but vehicular ones. At least the subways are safer than they've ever been. Right? Any comments, New York Post?



Ah, makes you kinda miss the old New York of the 70s and 80s, don't it?

Fear not, humble reader. I have lived here nine years and have ridden the subway daily. The most violence I have ever witnessed on the train has been some grade A rush hour jostling. Statistically speaking, mass transit is much safer than driving to work.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: