Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Amusing Blogs o' the Day

Rebellious Wednesday One-Liners

Summer student: I don't know where and I don't know what, but I am getting something pierced.

--NYU Dorm, East Village


Girl: I just want to throw a rock at it and watch all the windows shatter.

--Sculpture for Living, Astor Place
Ok, those are from the latest site that makes me chuckle:

It's called "Overheard in New York" and is basically submission-based. People in the Big Apple send in snippets of overheard conversation and they post it. Like last weekend I heard a woman on her cell phone saying, "Well, if he isn't gonna treat me like a lady, then I ain't gonna treat him like a man!" Interesting and amusing, but it may not have made the cut for this site.

DISCLAIMER: Not for the faint of heart. Don't read this when the kids are around. Or if you have a strict moral compass. The stuff that is overheard is often crude, laced with profanity, and sexually-themed. I was going to skip this referral altogether, but there are some gems there worth the effort of wading through the refuse.

Keep in mind too, that this site has no way of verifying if these quotes are real. You just have to take a leap of faith.

If you find this offensive, go to this blog instead. It's called "Stuff on My Cat" and features cute pictures of cats with stuff on them. Hardly offensive.

No comments: