Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Couple of Random Thoughts

First, a happy birthday to Little Sister, Alicia. Happy Birthday!

Also, I raise an imaginary glass toasting the twenty-third anniversary of my first occasion of intoxication at "Blue Beach," a bar in Northern Israel, on the Galilee. Two cheap screwdrivers in plastic cups and I was flying high. Yee-haw. The things we remember.

Finally, an acknowledgement of the music blog Feed Me Good Tunes, which I discovered through the Best Week Ever site this morning. FmGT, as it is affectionately called, provided me with a sampling that served as my commuting soundtrack this morning, a nice mix of Sonic Youth, They Might Be Giants, R.E.M., The Meat Puppets, and Oingo Boingo. Check 'em out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...the first time I got drunk was on screwdrivers too. To this day, I can't stand the smell or taste of them.

Anonymous said...

AHHH!
Molson Golden!
With Jenny Cahill and Rana Dershowitz (yes - Alan's niece) - in Woodstock.
I couldn't even smell liquor until I was much older (16) - oy! How did I manage gymnastics, school and teenhood?