Sunday, January 20, 2008

Live Blogging the NFC Championship Game: The Aftermath

OK, so if you're just visiting and want to see my hopes and dreams slowly unravel. Scroll down to the first of the live blogging posts and then go in reverse order back to this post.

I could go in and edit it so it looked nice and flow-y, but I would just have to relive the game and I'm not in the mood.

The Giants deserved to win, yadda-yadda-yadda. And I imagine this loss means Brett Favre will stick around for another year. The Packers have the youngest team in the league, even with Ol' Man Favre at the helm, and they have a bright future.

Kudos to the Giants. I am still amazed at how well Eli Manning played, and especially Plaxico Burress, who had a monster game.

Enough of this nonsense. I hold my head high. I still am bitter about the Packers loss to the Broncos in the '98 Super Bowl. Now, I'll be surrounded by happy fans for two weeks, until the Big Game, when the Patriots eviscerate the Giants in what will be one of the most lopsided victories in Super Bowl history. I could be wrong.

I hope I am.

1 comment:

Leon said...

Wow! The extremes some people will go to to overpopulate their Blog Archive! Today must rank 2nd only to your 40th BD. Well, if it helps to soothe the pain, so be it. Just saw the 4th 1/4 and OT. You're right; the Giants deserved it although their place kicker was one miss away from losing his job. But cheer up! Spring training starts in 3 1/2 weeks!