Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meme-ries

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Meme.

Last week Benjie threw me a link, I posted it here, and the host of said link has now included me in a meme. His post meming me and naming me is here.

People who have been tagged are required to reveal eight facts about themselves and to post and obey the following rules:

Rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
Eight Facts About Me:

Before I begin, I will point out that the meme doesn't specify that the facts must be unknown or interesting, but I'll do my best to entertain.

OK, I composed these on the train home after a night out celebrating my friend Lisa's 40th birthday. These facts may seem random, but they are facts and not secrets.

1) My brief career on the stage: I played Pop in The Pajama Game (along side comedian Kermet Apio), Doc in Girl Crazy, and Ulysses S. Grant (among other small roles) in A Thurber Carnival. I also played the Paper Boy, Joe Crowell, in Our Town. All productions in the 1980's of the Iolani Dramatic Players.

My drama career ended in the Fall of 1985 when I played "The Debtor" in a production of Everyman.

2) I pretended to be Fonzie in the late 1970's. Once I blew on my hand and struck a soda machine and a free soda came out. I was unable to repeat this phenomenon.

3) I once wore a wig on a flight from Burbank to Las Vegas. Only at curbside was I allowed to consider removing the wig. When I found my ride, an ATĪ© from the UNLV chapter, and humbly requested to remove the wig. He looked at me, shook his head and said "Keep it on. It looks good on you."

4) I drove to a screening of "The Brother from Another Planet" with the director John Sayles. My mom was driving, Mr. Sayles was in the front seat, I sat in back. The vehicle was my mom's 1970 VW bug. The occasion was the 1984 Hawaii International Film Festival.

5) In July of 2003, I weighed 235 pounds. Through Weight Watchers, I lost 55 pounds. I have struggled to remain at my goal weight, and am currently over it, but am vowing to return to goal weight over the Summer.

6) I once wrote a short, unauthorized sequel to Are You There God, it's Me Margaret? I paired myself and several friends up with the girls in the story. Fortunately, the manuscript was destroyed long ago. I also attempted a Lord of the Rings-like epic in which all the main characters were cockroaches and Middle Earth was our apartment at 739 Hausten Street in
Honolulu. Our cats, Miss Mischief aka Missy, and Joseph Magnin, were the principal foes of the roaches. Sadly, this manuscript was destroyed as well.

7) I've seen Major League baseball games in 9 Stadiums: Camden Yards, AT & T (formerly PacBell) Park, PETCO Park, Dodger Stadium, Anaheim Stadium, Busch Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, and an exhibition game at Doubleday Field in Cooperstown. I've seen one professional football game at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. I have only seen bastketball in the L.A. Forum and Madison Square Garden. I have never seen a professional hockey game.

8) I worked in the entertainment business for two years on the production side. I only once told an actor I admired his work. I was the Craft Service provider on a Showtime project called Public Enemy #2. One day I told the actor Curtis Armstrong that I loved him in the movie Better Off Dead. He was receptive to my compliment.


Now, I have to tag eight bloggers!

Let's see.

So the list below is made up of two bloggers I randomly selected (#4, #7 and #8) with the "view next blog" function. My apologies to all who are cursing me for this.

Tagged
1) Frogma
2) The Ancient One, Blessed Be He (sorry Dad)
3) Dancing on a Moonbeam
4) Glorious Nonsense
5) Vic Monchego's Episodes
6) I Am Fuel, You Are Friends
7) Spoon Slapped
8) Attention Span of a Fly


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So this is what you do to your dear old father just 1 week after he said nice things about you on your 40th birthday. . .

bonnie said...

Uh oh. Let's see, would it be permissible to conflate Eight Facts About Me with Seven Little-Known Facts About Me (which I was genuinely & truly going to do, I've even taken a couple of pictures to illustrate a couple of those facts), or would that be cheating?

bonnie said...

so eventually I did quit making excuses & wrote! Results available for all the world to see.