Saturday, March 08, 2008

Celebrating a Number, yadda yadda yadda

This has been a fun week for me, and my traffic. Boosted by my friends at the New York Times, we hit 44,444 hits today.

I always like to see when and where people chance upon BillyBlog. #44444 came from Clermont, Florida at 12:41 AM today. The individual googled "poetry turning 40" and they danced on over to one of my forty fortieth birthday posts featuring the poem "Turning Forty" by Pearl Cleage. A lot of fours in them thar hills.

More exciting for me this week was Tattoosday striking 10,000 hits on Thursday at 9:17 am EST. Now remember, the first Tattoosday post reads July 31, 2007, but the posts started here before spinning off in September. So, really, in under 6 months, Tattoosday accomplished what it took BillyBlog to do in 14. And it wasn't until December when we broke 1000 over there.

Anyway, visit 10,000 came via the server at Sandia National Laboratories in Albuquerque, New Mexico. A google search for skull tattoos brought them to my "Rad Tattoo for Nebraska" post which, to date, is one of my favorites over there..

1 comment:

bonnie said...

Congrats!

And book meme done (much more fun than vacuuming).

...O
:D/>
.O