Thursday, January 11, 2007

Found on 31st Street, Wedding Snapshot?

I found this the other day on 31st Street between 6th and 7th Avenues. The imprint on thr back of the picture states this was developed in May 1985.

I am going to guess it's a candid shot taken at a wedding.


I am fascinated by this photograph. I am guessing the subject is the groom...white tux, rice or confetti in the hair, trailing a woman, who we can't see fully, plus there is an exposure problem in the shot. She is wearing a blue dress with a veil. I am taking a leap here that she is the bride.

The groom looks stunned, as if pondering what he's gotten into. His expression is almost haunting. I also am reminded of the Rolling Stones song "Paint it Black": I see a red door and I want to paint it black...

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

On a side note, I am off to California today for a brief business trip. Expect some live blogging from the road, but very little graphically. Here's a couple of songs to capture the mood:

Listen: a relatively unknown artist named Ollie Bird covers Led Zeppelin's "Going to California" (mp3) from the blog macktronic.

Listen and watch: Beck performing "Nausea" on The Late Show with David Letterman, with a special cameo on percussion:



and the Violent Femmes performing "Add it Up" on MTV's 120 Minutes:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother of the bride