Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

My ambitious plans to ride to work this morning have been thwarted by thunder, lightning, and, sigh, rain. Sporadic heavy rain.


The forecast for this afternoon looks no better.

Just as I was about to pass the halfway point in my journey.

Stay tuned

UPDATE: I got home a few minutes before 6:00 and had to pick Shayna up from camp at 6:30. I changed into my bike clothes quickly and was on my way, getting to Adelphi Academy, where Shayna's camp is based. Well, I got there at 4.1 miles, so see for yourselves if I arrived on time:


Thanks to Shayna for taking my daily tracking picture:


I rode back, with Shayna walking beside me, so I ended with 4.70 miles.

I just crossed the halfway point in my 41-day journey. Unfortunately, tomorrow's weather forecast looms even more menacingly than today's, so we shall see.

We shall see.

Note: I know, no mention of Jolee. Not to worry, she still lives here. She's just up in Vermont with her camp for the week. In case you noticed, New York City has been quieter this week.

No comments: