Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Tattooed Poets Project, Day 5: Tess. Lotta

Today's poem is from Tess. Lotta, editor of Media Cake eMagazine


Trapeze

I mock the air between us,
aim at the granite in his eyes.

Hurling myself as if a new flourish
might be waiting,

I find the usual palm
of a salesman’s handshake.

He gives like a midair catch.

My hands, then his.
My longing, his logic.


reprinted with permission from the author, copyright Tess. Lotta, 2008
Tess. Lotta holds an MA in English and teaches at FIDM and for Spoken Interludes Next. She curates the Literati Cocktail reading series, held annually at the West Hollywood Book Fair, and co-curates The Third Area: Poetry at Pharmaka. Her journalism, poetry, and visual art have appeared in many publications. She slays on bass and vox for the LA-based rock outfit Quality Audio. When not riding her bike, Tess. might be found examining the phenomenon of deep fried Oreo cookies.

Check out the tattoo she sent me over on Tattoosday here.

You can also see more of her work here.

No comments: