Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Tattooed Poets Project, Day 12: Rebecca Loudon

Today's poem is from Rebecca Loudon.

Rebecca lives and writes in Seattle. She is the author of 4 books of poetry, the latest being Cadaver Dogs from No Tell Books, several lyrics for songs for chamber orchestra and choir, and the libretto of a full length opera, Red Queen. She is a professional violinist and teaches violin to children. She has more than 6 and less than 10 tattoos. She practices writing at

http://radishking.blogspot.com/

The following poem is from the aforementioned Cadaver Dogs:

Pinwheel


I was tending the garden when a bee flew

up my blouse stung my left nipple

I was claimed then

I wanted to be a better woman

reaching back with a corked finger

into fruit

I carry ice

worship fur


My body is split

& wet in spite of alcohol

with the goaty head man

nails curling down

becoming cloven

I'm not alarmed

I like the pillow

slick


I fold the clothes of my dead

into plastic bags dresses shirts

socks slippers the whole shebang

my dead smell like lemons

their teeth are marshmallow white

my sister is perfect

she has a perfect body

her hair is a gold wasp's nest

I fold her Snow White pajamas

into a square


I see the reptile man on television

& realize it is my husband

holding a two headed turtle to the camera

all three of them smile


Thanks to Rebecca for sharing this poem with us here on BillyBlog. Head over to Tattoosday to see one of her tattoos.

No comments: