Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Tattooed Poets Project, Day 29: Eileen Myles

Today's poem is from Eileen Myles:

On Vine



I was looking
at the chandelier
do you
feel that
way she
asked
I was driving
through
Los Angeles
getting
some help
I didn't
know
Pema Chodrun
was a girl
People
sounded
nuts

airing my
thoughts
She had a
sign

I'm hungry
I'm homeless
with a really
pretty sun

She hadn't
asked
for anything
but I gave
her five
and that
felt great
I thought
women are
a bunch
of idiots
but that's
what I
am are U
one

I don't count
on what
I am
she
said

and that
chandelier
is more
light

than
any one
else


Eileen Myles is among the ranks of the officially restless, a poet (Sorry, Tree) who writes fiction (Chelsea Girls, Cool for You) and an essayist whose The Importance of Being Iceland, for which she received a Warhol/Creative Capital grant will come out in July, 09 from Semiotext(e)/MIT. She lives in New York.

Please head over to Tattoosday to see one of her tattoos here.

A gracious thank you to Eileen for sharing her work with us here on BillyBlog.

No comments: