Friday, April 17, 2009

The Tattooed Poets Project, Day 17: Raffaella Ciavatta

Today's poem comes from Raffaella Ciavatta:


Poem 2 (still untitled)


It is devouring me.

My eyes shyly find themselves

drawn to look up and

allow my heart rate to

skip half a beat and

so I nearly die for that

half a second, die of a

somatized heart attack

with wide open eyes,

staring at its immensity,

at its bestiality.


It is devouring me.

Instead of dying it always

makes me stronger as its

cold and refreshing

breath invade my nostrils

and fills me up with

intuition.

It is devouring me:


The devil in me.

She makes me want to go

through every dirty downtown

and every fancy uptown

corner. She,

makes me so famished

for more and more while

she carves her skyscraper-teeth

into my jugular.


She is devouring me

as I head east

her gracefulness and curves

turn to straight avenues

and solid blocks.


The devil in me as his

concrete creeps into my veins

and makes me unbeatable.


It is a never ending antropophagy,

my best friend, my mother and

father, my spirit and lover, my

home,

New York City


Raffaella Ciavatta is intense; independent; brilliant; humble; the daughter of Cosmos with Metropolis; a lover of intellectual epiphanies; artistic insights; playful heat; who feels like screaming, being in silence and talking (all at once) and is the author of poetry, short stories, thoughts and chronicles. She is originally from Brazil, Italian descendant and now makes New York City her home.

More of her work can be seen/heard here.

Please be sure to check out a few of her amazing tattoos here on Tattoosday!

No comments: