Friday, April 11, 2008

BillyBlog's Favorite Poems, #20 ("This Is Just To Say" by William Carlos Williams)

I'll be a Minimalist today and just present the poem:

This Is Just To Say
by William Carlos Williams

I have eaten

the plums

that were in

the icebox



and which

you were probably

saving

for breakfast



Forgive me

they were delicious

so sweet

and so cold


This is just to say there is nothing more to say.

Previous Favorite Poems for National Poetry Month:

#21 - "They Feed They Lion" by Philip Levine
#22 - "Looking at Kilauea" by Garret Hongo
#23 - "The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner" by Randall Jarrell
#24 - A Handful of Richard Brautigan
#25 - "A Buddha in the Woodpile" by Lawrence Ferlinghetti
#26 - "Separation" by W.S. Merwin
#27 - "The Flea" by John Donne
#28 - Poem Twenty from Pablo Neruda's Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair
#29 - "Magpie's Song" by Gary Snyder
#30 - "Eunoia" by Christian Bok

1 comment:

Judith Shapiro said...

I'm so glad I showed up here today. Poetry. Yes. I'll be back daily now. Thanks for the poetry. So sweet and cold and delicious.