Wednesday, April 04, 2007

More on the Newcomb Used Car Lot, or, It's My Blog and I'll Dwell if I Want To

If you haven't read about the Newcomb Used Car Lot, read this post first.

Kevin Hattori, owner of the B210, chimes in:

Hi Bill,


Thanks so much for your e-mail; it definitely made me laugh OUT LOUD. It's hard to believe that was 20 years ago ... we all look like kids in those pictures (I guess we *were* kids back then, huh?)!

......

I was there [Occidental College] last Thanksgiving with my fiancee, and one of the things we did was take a walk around the Oxy campus. Of course, among the tales I told was a vivid recount of the Newcomb Used Car Lot. I'm not sure she totally believed me, but now that you've posted it to your blog, I have some semblance of proof. LOL.


By the way, the guy in the picture with Paul Batmanis is indeed Bill Holmes. Two other things I remember about the morning of that April Fools' Day:


1. When he first saw what we did, John Zacker was trying his hardest to suppress a smile -- until Brig shhowed up. When that happened, Mr. Zacker's demeanor changed to stern and businesslike.


2. The housekeepers were calling their friends, and excitedly telling them about the prank...


Hope things are well with you.


Best,


Kevin Hattori


If it seems I am belaboring this, milking it, well I am. But, dear readers, I am sparing you literally dozens of other emails bouncing back and forth across the continent, reuniting old hall-dwellers, erasing the decades.

No comments: