Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Shuffling My Feet

It's been a while since I memoralized my commute soundtrack and, since I am at a loss for words as I am going through a serious bout of Su Doku mania, here's what my iPod shuffle function dealt me this morning:

I started with Ozzy Osbourne's cover of "All the Young Dudes,"

then
"Boot Hill" by Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Since I've Been Loving You," a post-Zeppelin version by Jimmy Page & Robert Plant

"Instant Pleasure" (a pretty cool song) by Rufus Wainwright, from the Big Daddy soundtrack

"12:51" by the Strokes, from their 2nd album, Room on Fire

"Star-Spangled Banner" by Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock

"Jeremy" by Pearl Jam, live in Atlanta, April 2, 1994

"If I Needed Someone" by The Beatles, from Rubber Soul

"Nothing Else Matters" an incredible symphonic cover of the Metallica song by Apocalyptica

"I'm the Man Who Loves You" by Wilco, from their recent concert release Kicking Television -
Live in Chicago

"Ted's Jam" by the Robert Randolph FamilyBand, Live at the Wetlands

"All Along the Watchtower" by Jimi Hendrix, from Electric Ladyland

"Daughter" by Pearl Jam, live in Calgary, September 4, 2005

"No Words" by Paul McCartney & Wings from the deluxe Band on the Run cd, this version sandwiched by dialogue from Paul and Geoff Emerick, the engineer on the original recording

"Lazarus Raised" by Peter Gabriel from Passion, the amazing soundtrack from The Last Temptation of Christ

an early demo of "Rape Me" by Nirvana, from their box set With the Lights Out

"Historian's Introduction" to the original cast recording of Monty Python's Spamalot

an introduction to poet Denise Levertov, by Charles Osgood, from a collection of poetry recordings called Poetry Speaks. Alas, shuffle will often give an intro, but not the poems that are being introduced.

and finally,

"I Just Want to Have Something to Do" by The Ramones

Thanks for indulging me. I don't know if this interesting or not, but I enjoy it. Hope you do too.

No comments: