Saturday, August 26, 2006

Friday Five on the Pod Post-Partum

Ok, so it's Saturday, I know. But this five came from Friday....

Time for another fiver of songs on the BilliPod.....shuffling away....

1) "For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her," the Simon & Garfunkel classic, covered by the Red Hot Chili Peppers at London's Canvas Club, April 14, 2006. Kiedis nails it. Awesome. You can download the whole set here.









2) "Mean Man" by W.A.S.P., the PMRC sweethearts, from their greatest hits collection The Best of the Best. No one sounds like Blackie Lawless. Buy it here.








3) "I Got a Fish" by Fishbone, the show opener, live at Entpe, May 27, 1989, in Lyons, France. The concert is downloadable here.












4) "This Time" by INXS from Live Baby Live. Buy it here.







5) "Fancy" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs from their latest album, Show Your Bones. Buy it here.


Have a groovy weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always game...

You've Got Another Thing Coming - Judas Priest

X-Q'z Me Dr.Mad Vibe Housecall Pull-Ease - Fishbone - Live in Amsterdam

Ten Years Gone - Led Zepplin

The HItter - Bruce Springsteen

The Enchanter - Robert Plant

Anonymous said...

Hey there...glad to see you're still using the word "groovy!"

Is there any way you can send me a link to the Chili Peppers "For Emily"? How long is the whole set? I love that song and I love the Chili Peppers! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Nevermind...I clicked on your link after my post and realized I could listen to just that song.

Thanks!