Sunday, April 30, 2006

Found Poem to End National Poetry Month

Since the debacle of the sheet of found lyrics, I haven't found much of interest in the streets of the Big Apple. Yet Friday I found this poem in Fifth Avenue in Brooklyn:


This being the tail end of National Poetry Month, I thought it apropos to post it. It's hard to read, but let me transcribe the best I can. [ ] marks words I can't quite decipher:

Cold blew through my hair

ah

what a sight !

Knees quiver as I shiver

what a sight!

It's [ ] [ ]time

[ ] the bells chime

The [ ] [ ] & [ ]

so let the bells chime

I had no problem.

'Cause they were

all word problem.

A 97, A 97 I got a 97

Oh my oh my I've

gone to heaven.

+++++++++++++

This is folded on 3 x 5 index card. Someone must have done well on a test. Comments and guesses at the missing words are welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take a stab at it:

It's MATH TEST time.

The ANSWERS [ ] & [ ]

Hi Bill - just catching up with the last week's posts.