Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Song of the Day - Never Learned to Cry

OK, I am trying something new and it is called "Song of the Day". It will be an irregular feature, posted whenever I feel like it.

I will only choose songs I have "discovered," not in the sense that I am embarking on introducing them to the world, but in the sense that I heard them and said, "Hey, that's good. I'm intrigued!"

So, I was streaming KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic" Monday at work and I heard something I liked. I couldn't figure out if I was streaming last Thursday's show or that day's, so I couldn't tell what I was hearing, so I googled the lyrics and found out that I was listening to Brooklyn's own "The Rogers Sisters" and the song was called "Never Learned to Cry."

If you're not buying their music, you can download the video for the song here from The Rogers Sisters' website. You can also go to their myspace page and listen to a few of their songs there (and download some, as well). But if you like "Never Learn to Cry," you gotta buy it (99 cents on iTunes).

I won't talk about it much, just let you listen. I will say it reminds me of some of the good music of the 80's. Enjoy, and please come back and post in the comments section if you like them or not.

No comments: