Sunday, February 19, 2017

Cleaning Out the Drafts, 2010

Over the years, I have started posts and they end up sitting in draft status.

That seems wasteful.

Here are some more draft fragments from years past:

from December 10, 2010:

"Rapid Review: I Found This Funny, edited by Judd Apatow"

Hello, dear readers. BillyBlog is still kicking around, despite all my
creative energies being funneled into Tattoosday.

I wanted to throw out a brief review of a book I recently finished. Not a
novel, this was an anthology of short fiction and humor pieces. Judd
Apatow, the creative mind behind Freaks and Geeks, Knocked Up, and the
40-Year Old Virgin, among countless other films, has assembled a collection of
his “Favorite Pieces of Humor and Some That May Not Be Funny At All”.

This was a really pleasing collection that not only included humorous
essays by the likes of David Sedaris and ______, but some dark stories from
Flannery O’Connor and Tobias Wolff. Poetry by Tony Hoagland.

~ ~ ~
Based on the format, I think I had typed that up on the train and never posted it.


No comments: