Saturday, February 18, 2017

Books on the Edge of My Attention Span, February Edition

Last month I blogged about a handful of books that I have at my disposal that I all can't possibly read and I got some positive feedback about it, so I thought I'd share again.

First up, I am currently reading simultaneously The Daily Show: An Oral History (in old-timey book form)


 and also, on my tablet, The Thief by Fuminori Nakamura.

 

I had read Nakamura's noir book The Kingdom and, having enjoyed it, decided to read the first book that really put him on the map. Good stuff!

Also on my tablet is Nakamura's Evil and the Mask (which I doubt I'll read - just a gut feeling)

 

and poetry in the form of Special Orders by Edward Hirsch, which I have started and am picking at, little by little.

The vast ensemble of books I had last month has subsequently been been returned and I grabbed a handful of slim tomes to accompany my travels.

The Walking Dead, Volume 1 Days Gone By


 Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling


Songs and Sonnets by Paul Muldoon


Balloon Pop Outlaw Black by Patricia Lockwood


and

The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip by George Saunders.


No comments: