Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ariel's Home Along the Belt Parkway

Last week I was riding along the bike path that runs between the Belt parkway and the Verrazano Narrows.

At the vantage point from which I took the above photo, this sign hung from the railing separating the path from water's edge:

At first, I thought it was some sort of "Welcome Home" message for someone, but upon further investigation (i.e. stopping and looking over the railing), I saw this:


and King Triton out on the rocks:


and Sebastian the Crab:


and of course, the Little Mermaid herself, Ariel:


You can also see other rocks are painted with Ursula, the Sea-Witch, and the fish named Flounder:

Well, someone certainly took a lot of time and effort to create such an interesting little spectacle. I believe these pictures were from low tide. It will be interesting to see what everything looks like when the tide comes in. Perhaps a follow-up post is necessary.

No comments: