Friday, February 16, 2007

A Drop of BookPeeping from Thursday

Well, I'm late in reporting all the snow and ice. All? Hardly, a few inches, but it was the first significant snow of the season. No cool pictures. No cool video. I failed you. Sorry.

A small bit of bookpeeping from yesterday's commute, this trio on the R train between Pacific Street and 95th.

The first one jumped out at me:


Look at Me by Jennifer Egan. Why did it jump out at me? Because Jennifer Egan is one of the contributors to the book I am currently reading, The Show I'll Never Forget: 50 Writers Relive Their Most Memorable Concertgoing Experience. Egan wrote about seeing Patti Smith in San Francisco in the 1970's.

Sign of the Cross by Chris Kuzneski. I love the blurb: "Like The DaVinci Code on steroids". Nice. But not as nice as this:


No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole. Read an excerpt here. It will be worth it, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite line from this extraordinary work of literature: "Kaderin needed to get this killing over with. In just three days, she was to compete in the Talisman’s Hie, which was basically a deadly, immortal version of The Amazing Race."

Sounds fascinating!