Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bridge to Terabithia: Review by Guest Blogger, Jolee Cohen


I saw this film today with the offspring. Jolee, the eldest spawn of BillyBlog, offers the following review:

Bridge to Terabithia is now one of my favorite movies. Some of the scenes just remind you of your home. Casual fights over the remote, races to the bathroom, etc., but other scenes take you off to a far away planet, world and even universe, lifting your imagination to the next level. After and even during the film, it makes your mind take you off to some magnificent kingdom, where you imagine peacefully with no annoying brothers and sisters, yelling and screaming parents and howling cats, dogs and maybe even pigs. This movie tells you what actually imagination is and how you can use it. It tells us imagination is used every day, from morning ‘till night. I really recommend this movie for some adults and kids ages 6-12. I say that because adults might find it interesting as well would kids. No one like a teenager, who would think Terabithia, is too boring for him or her, or anyone too young who might take it as a frightening place. I know I liked the movie, and if you see it, I hope you like it too.


Thanks to Jolee for the guest post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic review! I will certainly see it. I also love being reminded that imagination is used every day-- it should be, because if we can't imagine things to be more beautiful, daring, interesting, kind, then they can't be made so.

Keep those reviews coming !