Monday, November 28, 2005

Weekend Update



Catching up here and telling y'all about a busy weekend.

Friday Night, Melanie brought the girls into Manhattan and I hung out with them while she worked out at the Chelsea Piers Field House. Jolee and Shayna bowled at the Chelsea Lanes and, despite some back-and-forth lead changes, Shayna finished strong with a spare and a strike to decisively defeat her older sister 121-92.

Saturday Morning, after a brisk (temp in the 30's) 10-mile bike ride, we headed back into the city. Shayna actually went off with grandma and saw the remake of Yours, Mine & Ours, while Jolee, Melanie and I joined friends Kelly and Diane at the Loews IMAX at Lincoln Square to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in IMAX format. Overall it was decent, made particularly special by seeing it in the IMAX format, which I recommend to anyone who may be going to see the film. The movie is true to the book and overall, an entertaining spectacle. However, I still regard the last film, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, as the best so far.

Sunday found us at a friend's wedding, my old co-worker Janet married her beloved Lionel. Janet asked me last week if I wanted to read a poem at the ceremony/reception, which was at Pasha, a fine Turkish restaurant on West 71st Street.

If you're interested in reading the poem, I have posted it on BillyBlog's alter-ego, BillyBlog2. The poem, entitled "Love is a Three-Legged Cat" can be found here.

All this, and laundry and groceries and shopping too! Sorry for the paucity of posts over the weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The movie was "mostly" true to the book. Remember I've read the book 3 times. Most recently in July.

Anonymous said...

Was it worth it to see it at an IMAX theater? I'm so sorry I couldn't join you guys!

Tattoosday said...

Had we seen it in a regular theater, I think the film would have been less spectacular. Splurge and see it in IMAX.

Anonymous said...

ditto