Saturday, December 03, 2005

Nothing Fits! (Unless it's the Shoe)

There's a store in our neighborhood, on 86th Street in Brooklyn, called Nothing Fits! I affectionately refer to it as the Whore Store. Perhaps a bit harsh, but it's catchy and there's a shred of truth somewhere in there. It appears to be aimed at teens and twenty-somethings. They may be a nice store, but their window displays advertise their lowest common denominator: Slutty shirts with racy messages.

It is a chore to try and avert the kids' eyes while walking past their windows, so as not to explain a message like "All You Can Eat Under a Dollar" with a dollar bill printed right around the navel. Hmmm, wonder what THAT means?

Anyway, to the left is a photo I took last night of their window display, appropriately decorated for the holiday season. Fortunately, they haven't released their "Spin My Dreidl and I'll Eat Your Latkes" line yet.

And please, no angry comments from Nothing Fits! Patrons...I may call it the Whore Store, but if you shop there, I don't think you're a whore, just that, perhaps, you occasionally dress like one.

No comments: