Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Shuffling Thru Hump Day

It's been a while since I've played with the BilliPod on BillyBlog. I am actually challenging the limits of the device, pushing close to the 60 GB capacity, hovering around the 5 GB remaining threshold. That's 11,808 tracks, in case you were wondering. I have taken to pulling stuff off of it, whole Pearl Jam concerts archived to make space for more musical junk.

Here's a random 5-shot from the shuffle...please feel free to share your shuffle with us all.

1) "Big Pimpin'/Papercut" by Linkin Park and Jay-Z, from Collision Course. Highly recommended collaboration of hard rock/hip-hop styles. Their live set in last Summer's Live 8 was one of the highlights for me.

2) "Hypnotize" by Audioslave. Just mentioned yesterday. Basically the wedding of Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden.

3) "Home Sweet Home" by Mötley Crüe. Originally from their Theater of Pain LP, this song was the Power Ballad that simultaneously launched them into super-MTV-mega-stardom and convinced diehard fans that they had jumped the shark.

I don't know what's up with Shuffle today, but it is making me look like an individual with rather singular musical interests, but that's the will of the BilliPod. Keeping with the theme, then, is



4) "Bed of Roses" by Bon Jovi, from the greatest hits compilation Cross Road. Of course, no one in my home will complain about an excuse to put up a photo of JBJ.

And finally....will the theme continue, or will we go in an entirely new genre?

5) "Luna" by Smashing Pumpkins from their album Siamese Dream.

Not really an interesting list, and quite consistent. And look, Ma, no Pearl Jam!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm always up for playing...

Interstate Love Song - Velvet Revolver - cover of a Stone Temple Pilots song - sounds pretty close given lead singer of both bands is (hopefully sober) Scott Weiland

Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 - Joshua Tree (has Billy ever mentionned this album is a must listen on the 10 freeway from LA to Vegas!!! - wonder if it hits the top 25???

Terraplen Blues - Robert Johnson - Complete Recordings of Robert Johnson

Crossroad Blues - Robert Johnson - Complete Recordings of Robert Johnson (hmmm - is my shuffle working? - not that I mind - now I feel like driving through the deep south)

I Want You Around - The Ramones - Hey! Ho! Let's Go: The Ramones