Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ideas

In an attempt to break out of the recent trend of no-post days, I am going to try a poem based on the word of the day, in lieu of a gap. I will more often than not, fail completely, but failure is always more interesting than not trying.

IDEAS

Ideas like ossicles
vibrate in my ears.

Ideas like icicles
drip
from the eaves of my memory.

Ideas like bicycles
pedal across my
brainpan.

Ideas like tricycles
ring-ring like bells
and flutter
like ribbons in the breeze.

Ideas like triglycerides
course through
my veins
humming with energy.

Ideas like hieroglyphics
play out
in patterns on the wall
undecipherable.

Ideas are fictitious,
written and unspoken,
oral and real,
puddling in the recesses
of
a dark, unstable
reality.


© 2006, William Dickenson Cohen

No comments: