Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tigers, Tigers, Burning Bright!





Well, there is some joy in Gotham, but only in 1/4 of my household. I have cheered for the Yankees since coming to New York in 1997. It's been easy. They're a great team. But greatness creates high expectations, and often these expectations lay waste to talented individuals.

As a Tiger fan since my youth, I have embraced the Yankees in recent years, as the Tigers wallowed in pathetic awfulness.

No more.

Surprising the hell out of everyone in the city, including me, the Tigers not only managed to win one game, they managed to win and not look back.

Astonishing, while the Mets celebrated quietly their sweep of the Dodgers yesterday at Chavez Ravine, the Tigers celebrated like they had just won the World Series. Here's hoping they can ride that momentum past the Athletics and into the Fall Classic.

No comments: