Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin, 1937-2008


My kids will likely not know George Carlin for what he is best at (at 12 and 9, they're still a little too young for The Seven Words...), but they will recognize him from this autographed picture hanging in our bathroom (what better place?).

I don't know the Wayne to whom this inscribed, but I got it when an old production company was selling off all its old junk and I landed this framed, autographed picture.

I had the pleasure of meeting George briefly when he signed a copy of his first book Brain Droppings for me at Book Soup in West Hollywood, and then again in New York for Napalm and Silly Putty at the Rockefeller Center Barnes & Noble.

But I never got to see him perform live.

And now I never will.

Rest in Peace, George.

No comments: