Thursday, September 15, 2005

One Week Old


Despite the report that I've been a member of Blogspot since July 2004, I have only now achieved the overcoming of the first day curse. Billyblog has been up and running for a week now. Disclaimer: I do not claim to be the inventor of the term "Billyblog." Case in point:

http://billyblog.blog-city.com

I discovered this last night while googling billyblog. So be it, hopefully the other billyblog won't declare war on me. I strongly believe that the web is big enough for two billyblogs. At least the other billyblog's politics seem to be on the same side of the building as mine. Perhaps my billyblog would become oxyblog or something else if my counterpart in blog-city was dedicated to hatred, infringement of freedom, and/or NAMBLA literature.

To clarify the comment I made yesterday about the iPod. I don't have the white earphones (making me less of a target for podthievery on the subways), but I do take pride in the fact that I have a huge amount of tracks (7051) and they are so diverse. See, just dragging it out like this shows how I can be quite a bit of a dork and insufferable about it. Anyway, to further seal the deal, this is the playlist of what my iPod selected for me on shuffle on the way to work this morning:

"Scentless Apprentice" by a band called Flipper from an album called "Smells Like Bleach: A Punk Tribute to Nirvana."

"5 Minutes Alone" by Pantera

"Breaking the Girl" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

"Cakewalk into Town" by Taj Mahal

"Instinct Blues" by The White Stripes

"I Fought the Law," Green Day's version

"Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam, live in Holland, October 14, 2000

"Baba O'Riley" covered by Jordis Unga on the TV show "Rockstar: INXS."

"Till the Morning Comes" by Neil Young

"Deer Dance" by System of a Down

"Headspace" by Velvet Revolver

"Crazy Train (live)" by Tenacious D (Jack Black's band)

"Don't Break Me Down" by the Donnas

"Rapid City, South Dakota" by Kinky Friedman

"Nobody's in Love This Year" by Warren Zevon

"The Two of Us" by the Beatles

++++++
Don't worry, I won't be doing this every day.

No comments: