Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fortieth Birthday Post #10: Shayna's Secret

This really has nothing to do with my turning forty, but I've been meaning to drop it here, but haven't.

One night last week, Melanie was tucking Shayna into bed and asked her, "Shayna, tell me a secret."


Shayna replied, without missing a beat:


"I send my underwear to the dry cleaners."


Melanie left the room laughing.


"What's so funny?" I asked.


Choking back tears, Melanie told me to ask Shayna to tell me a secret.


I did and got the same answer: a chuckle and "I send my underwear to the dry cleaners."


We got some mileage about that story and subsequently leaned that she had lifted the line from an episode of Disney's TV show "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody".


Still, I smile when I think about it.

No comments: