Friday, January 19, 2007

Snow Music

It's finally showing, for real this time, in NYC. To celebrate, this is what I listened to on the BilliPod shuffle on the way to work:

"You Are" by Pearl Jam, Live in Honolulu, 12/2/06



"A Man in a Purple Dress" by The Who, off of Endless Wire


"Miracle" by Foo Fighters, from In Your Honor


"All I Really Want" by Alanis Morissette, from Jagged Little Pill ("Why are you so petrified of silence?")

"All Because of You," from U2: Live from Under the Brooklyn Bridge


"Gimme Some Truth," Pearl Jam's cover of the John Lennon tune, their 2001 Fan Club single


Listen to "Gimme Some Truth", here, courtesy of I Am Fuel, You Are Friends. This linked post has a whole slew of the fan club singles.

"Georgia on My Mind" by Bill Charlap from his album Stardust



"Because," a stunning Beatles' cover by Elliott Smith, from the American Beauty soundtrack


"Steak Knife" by the Angry Samoans from their Unboxed Set



and

I ended with the following poem from Charles Bukowski Reads His Poetry:

"The Creation of the Morning Line"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you listened to the version of the Neil Young song "Don't Let it Bring You Down" by Annie Lennox that they used in American Beauty? I'm not a big fan of hers but she absolutely kills that song. It's great. I don't think it's on the soundtrack though...