Friday, January 19, 2007

Open Road, Fuel, Friends

Astute BillyBlogReader Tony noticed, so I'm giving him props. I recently won a contest over at I Am Fuel, You Are Friends, a blog so cool y'all are probably tired of me yapping about it.

Heather, the brain behind the blog, did three things of interrelated interest. She dedicated a post to the Lucinda Williams reissue of Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, she ran a contest asking visitors to nominate the best "road" songs, and then she created two discs, posted as zip files on her site, for all of us to enjoy.

This is what I submitted:

Instructions:


1. Get in a Car in Las Vegas
2. Drive to edge of City, facing toward L.A.
3. Stop car
4. Roll down Windows
5. Turn volume up
6. Press play on stereo which has the Joshua Tree CD ready to go
7. Drive West
8. I can't help you with the goosebumps, you're on your own there. It's a religious experience.

Or, if you want to disqualify me for selecting an album instead of a song, get to L.A. and drive on a freeway with the title track from the Doors' L.A. Woman on the stereo. But do it at night, preferably when it isn't raining.

Oh, and I was among four randomly-selected lucky winners of the Lucinda CD. Boy Howdy.

So click on the links above to see what I'm talking about. And do what Tony did, check out the blog for awesome tunes on a regular basis.

No comments: