Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Slow Week on the Yam Plantation

This runs a bit more personal. It has been a week in the blogdrums for me, but I am trying to break out of it.

As I write this, Jolee is reading Will and Abe's Guide to the Universe (which I am also reading). She is loving it and, unlike some of Groening's "Life in Hell" comics, this is about his kids, so it is age-appropriate. An excerpt (click to enlarge):


I am proud of the fact that I am introducing her to Groening's comics. I still recall looking forward to the L.A. Reader coming out every week in college so I could see the latest "Life in Hell" strip. That and "The Angriest Dog in the World," the comic by David Lynch.

More of these here.

Anyway, I know you are all still waiting for the review of book #2 in the duo of books I finished last week. Plus I finished another tome. And Melanie snagged me an excellent found item that is so dense with awesome foundness, its taking me a while to scan it for maximum fun.

So hang in there, pod'ners, the next two weeks are chock full of interesting bits, as I slouch toward my forties, and bid my thirties adieu.

No comments: