Saturday, July 04, 2009

42 Days of 42: Day 2 - Forty-Two Facebook Friends

Forty-two Facebook friends will read this poem in the next forty-two hours.

Forty-two Facebook friends make me smile just by being back in my life.

Forty-two Facebook friends haven't made a peep since accepting my friend request.

Forty-two Facebook friends have seen me naked.

Forty-two Facebook friends are going to un-friend me after reading this poem, feeling somehow indirectly insulted.

Forty-two Facebook friends wouldn't recognize me if they passed me on the street.

Forty-two Facebook friends have never been to Forty-Second Street.

Forty-two Facebook friends use their children as their profile pictures.

Forty-two Facebook friends went to my 20th college reunion.

I have Forty-two Facebook friends in common with Forty-two Facebook friends, but that is all.

Forty-two Facebook friends have severe financial problems.

Forty-two Facebook friends are rich.

Forty-two Facebook friends are single.

Forty-two Facebook friends disappeared in 1989 but reemerged twenty years later.

Forty-two Facebook friends have tattoos.

Forty-two Facebook friends have come to New York and left without saying hello.

Forty-two Facebook friends gained weight.

Forty-two Facebook friends have grayed.

Forty-two Facebook friends are strangers I met on the street.

Forty-two Facebook friends are poets.

Forty-two Facebook friends accepted my friend request because we had Forty-two Facebook friends in common.

If I could convince Forty-two Facebook friends to each give me $42.00, I'd be on to something.

At some point in my life, I have been madly in love with Forty-two Facebook friends, but now I only love my wife.

Forty-two Facebook friends wonder what it would be like if it had worked out with me.

Forty-two Facebook friends are better off having gone their separate ways.

Forty-two Facebook friends probably think I'm being too hard on myself.

Forty-two Facebook friends have eight-four hands and four hundred and twenty toes.

Forty-two Facebook friends are admirable.

Forty-two Facebook friends are not.

I owe an apology to Forty-two Facebook friends for various wrong-doings over the years.

Forty-two Facebook friends would most likely forgive me.

Several of my Forty-two Facebook friends have poems written about them, but they don't know it.

When I make general statements about Forty-two Facebook friends, I speak with 42% accuracy, with a margin of error of 42%.

Forty-two Facebook friends wished me a happy birthday on my Facebook wall.

Forty-two Facebook friends did not.

Forty-two Facebook friends who I have never met in person are better friends than Forty-two Facebook friends who I have.

Forty-two Facebook friends think that last line was awkward.

Forty-two Facebook friends have had drinks with me.

Forty-two Facebook friends have not.

Forty-two Facebook friends have Forty-two Facebook friends have Forty-two Facebook friends, ad infinitum.

Forty-two Facebook friends wonder if this poem will ever end.

I tell Forty-two Facebook friends that it will, after forty-two lines.

No comments: