Sunday, August 10, 2008

BillyBlog Plays 52-Card Pickup (3 for the price of 1)

Back on August 8, prior to my bike wipeout, I stumbled upon a plethora of playing cards on the 68th Street Pier in Brooklyn. At least two decks had been dispersed, and I grabbed a sample of each deck for my game:


That's the Six of Hearts and the Eight of Clubs.

And then, this morning, just before the pier, another deck had been scattered under the Belt Parkway. Although they were from the common red and white diamond patterned deck, these cards were not present yesterday, so I know it's a new deck. I grabbed the Queen of Hearts:


The following cards have been found previously:

The Six of Clubs (July 21, 2008)

The Seven of Hearts and The King of Diamonds (April 24, 2008)

The Three of Clubs (March 29, 2008)

The King of Hearts
and the Three of Spades.

(February 28 and March 25, 2008)

The Ace of Diamonds
(July 7, 2008)

The Jack of Hearts and Five of Hearts
(July 19, 2008)

View the whole set here.

No comments: