Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Links

As March goes out like a lamb, my weekend has started nicely...

For the first time this year, I rode my bike into work. It was a brisk 40 degrees. I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge just before the sun cracked the horizon. Will post a photo later on.



A.O. Scott, in the New York Times, says Meet the Robinsons "is surely one of the worst theatrically released animated features issued under the Disney label in quite some time." Meaning, of course, it should open spectacularly. Come back Monday for weekend box office figures.


On the KROQ website:


Chris Cornell stopped by Thursday to talk about the past and future and perform songs from Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog and his upcoming solo album. Check back today to listen to the performance.
Someone on the Pearl Jam message board had a radio rip that I downloaded and listened to already. He performed "Like a Stone," "No Such Thing," "Black Hole Sun," "Seasons," and "Hunger Strike." Not bad, although "Hunger Strike" is so perfect in the studio, I have yet to hear a live performance that comes close to matching the original Vedder/Cornell one-two punch, even when they performed it together on october 28, 2003 in Santa Barbara.

The whole idea behind links is to share what I may come across during the course of the day. Someone sent me the following article, but I'll be coy about it:

Read why Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity members at the University of Michigan said they will throw out two couches in the living room.

Saw this on the wire, Girl, 16, Kicked Off Plane for Coughing. I linked the Honolulu Star-Bulletin article when I saw that she was a Hawai'i teen, from Kalani High School.


No comments: